Johnny Bravo is one of the horses that will be showcased in the first Chicago area Sale Horse Showcase next weekend at Benchmark Stables. Photo Andrew Ryback PhotographyHampshire, IL – May 4, 2018
– Mark your calendar and don't miss the inaugural Sale Horse Showcase at Liz Atkin's Benchmark Stables in Hampshire, Illinois on Friday evening, May 11th. Prepare to be spoiled with a catered dinner and Benchmark Bar as you view approximately 20 quality hunters and jumpers offered for sale from the Chicago area. “There will be a fantastic line-up of quality hunters and jumpers to see, including some young horses and investment horses,” said Atkins. "We have a really great evening planned with great food, door prizes and quality horses!"
The evening begins at 5:00 pm with cocktails and raffle prizes followed by a catered dinner at 6:00 pm. Showings will begin around 5:30 pm. Taylor Harris Insurance Services/Peggy McEnroe
is sponsoring the Benchmark Bar for the evening and Millcreek Farm/Serah Vogus
is sponsoring the beer and wine bar . Dinner sponsors include Voltaire
and Andrew Ryback Photography. Jumper Derby Clinic and Derby
Friday morning and all day Saturday, Benchmark Stables is hosting a jumper clinic
with USEF R licensed official and clinician, Diane Carney.
The clinic is focused on the skills needed to ride a jumper derby course, including water options and natural obstacles. The clinic provides a great opportunity for a spring tune up before heading into the show season and sections are offered at all heights. Auditors are welcome
for $40 per day, no reservation is required to audit.
Riders will work on the skills needed to participate in the actual Benchmark Stables Jumper Derby
on Sunday May 13th
. All heights will have the opportunity to compete for prizes and $5,000 in prize money over a gorgeous derby course. Benchmark Stables is the perfect location for the event, featuring spacious indoor and outdoor facilities to accommodate whatever Mother Nature throws out for Chicago’s spring weather. The Plaid Horse
is sponsoring a Sportsmanship Award and Marketing4Equestrians
is sponsoring a Most Improved Rider Award.
A champagne brunch sponsored by EQUO
will be served during Sunday's event; auditors are welcome for $40. Forget Me Not Designs and Stanbridge Master Saddlers
are the saddlepad sponsors and Smartpak, Nutrena, Pouwer Patties and J&R Feeds
are education sponsors.
Special thanks to Brookwood Farm for the gorgeous jumps, Diane Carney/Telluride and Marketing4Equestrians for your contributions to the event. Contact Liz Atkins or Brenda Mueller for reservations, sponsor or vendor opportunities. Don’t miss out on the fun filled weekend!
Liz Atkins 847-848-4606 or email@example.com.
Brenda Mueller/Marketing4Equestrians 262-391-6630 or Brenda@M4Eq.com
Schedule Benchmark International Jumper Derby WeekendFriday May 11th8:00 am –
clinic group 19:30 am –
clinic group 211:00 am
– clinic group 3 1-3:00 pm
– ring open for schooling sale horses 5:00 pm
– Cocktails6:00 pm
– Dinner & Showcase (horses braided & formal attire) Saturday May 12th9:00 am
– clinic group 111:00 am
– clinic group 2
Lunch –2:00 pm
– clinic group 34:00 pm
– brief rider meeting Sunday May 13th 9:00 am
– $1,250 Low Jumper Derby
– (Formal attire) Table 2 Section II D
Low Jumper Award Presentation 10:00 am
– $1,250 Medium Jumper Derby
Brunch Served – Sponsored by EQUO
Medium Jumper Award Presentation 11:00 am
– $2,500 Benchmark International Jumper Derby
Presentation of Awards & group photoFor more information visit the website at www.benchmarkstables.com.